Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Minutemen - "Cut"

Not much to say about this one, just a sick tune.


I got Buzz or Howl recently. There were some songs I knew right away ("Little Man", "Gringo") and a few I didn't. "Cut" I didn't recognise. It's on Ballot Result, which I thought I knew backwards, but there's always something new to discover on that one. On further review the version on there doesn't really jump out.


This version's a killer, though. After the first minute I thought it was an instrumental, but they tacked on some lyrics at the end. But they're pretty inconsequential; this one's all about the riffs. An object lesson in just how many the 'Men could pack into a single two-minute song.


Got it from the SST store (which, once again, is down, hence other links below) in the same haul as Paranoid Time.


Buy it... on vinyl.


From my deck to you: The Minutemen - "Cut"

No comments: