Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Red Monkey – Kill Rock Stars Mailorder Freaks Singles Club

This one I got free from Kill Rock Stars when I ordered a few records from them a couple months ago. It's part of the (defunct?) Mailorder Freaks Singles Club and it came out in like 1998, so I guess they just had a bunch of copies lying around. I can't even find a picture of it for this post.


Needless to say my expectations were low, and first listen didn't do much to change that. But I listened to it a couple more times in the process of recording it for the post and it really grew on me. It's pretty simple, but I like the energy. Plus they're British so they know how to fuckin' spell.


Red Monkey are apparently still around and currently in the process of trying to put together a compilation of tracks off old 7"s which will presumably include these. I'm posting the two tracks from the b-side; they've posted the a-side on their MySpace. I'm not sure if you can still buy this from KRS; it's listed in the discography (scroll down; it's KRS305), but if you click on the retail link you just get a blank page. So I guess if you want it you gotta download it here. Or wait for that nebulous compilation to come out.


Buy it... on vinyl.


From my deck to you: Red Monkey – "Make a Mess" and "The Exact Geographical Centre of Me"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.